Aktuelle Zeit: Mi 19. Sep 2018, 10:58

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 12 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: mod motor gearing
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 5. Okt 2011, 23:59 

(Please excuse my English). I run a 235mm genx10 with a 6.5t motor and 75/16 gearing and 60mm rear tyres and would like to use a lower turn motor - something like a 3.5t. I can see by the size of the pod that I may not be able to gear the car low enough for such a motor. I have heard though that low turn motors are commonly used in European pro 10 racing. Can somebody running such a motor provide some advice on gearing/rollout please?

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: mod motor gearing
BeitragVerfasst: Do 6. Okt 2011, 07:19 

Hi, that is right, in Pro10 we use 3,5T Star or 7T Delta engines. Your Rollout with the 6,5T Star engine is Ok (40 millimeter rollout). But for a 3,5 Turn engines it is to long and I think you must use 29 - 30 millimeters. A possible combination of gears wheels with 60 millimeters Tyres is 87/14.

But I think the original powerpod from the CRC is not constructed for engines over 600 watt.

With kind regards
Frank Büsener

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 7. Okt 2011, 10:04 

thanks frank. i'll invest in come smaller pinions. by the way, if the crc doesn't easily accommodate mod motor gearing, which chassis' are better suited to this? corally, rc devil?

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 7. Okt 2011, 10:22 

The crc is an nice car but with the original smal powerpod I have had a lot of Problems with gear wheels and axles.
One possible construct is that you build a new expanded powerpod ground deck and use a IRS axle.

If you have a milling machine you can design an new smal strong powerpod with 10 millimeter axle.
Bild
Bild

BeitragVerfasst: So 16. Okt 2011, 03:02 

i don't suppose you might sell me one of those custom pods would you? i am currently having possibly the same issues with spur gears chewing out and axles bending and vibrating. a new car might be the answer but it is difficult to find a european store which will ship to australia

BeitragVerfasst: So 16. Okt 2011, 09:20 

I did a conversion of an s100(serpent) with an corally axle and motorpod.Maybe a considaration for you to put a corally pod on your crc.

I,ve got to say that i had all the parts from corally and serpent,it was a cheap solution for me.

http://www.modelbouwforum.nl/forums/ele ... ve-96.html

http://www.the-border.com/home.php a dutch shop sells worldwide

And if your looking for an reddevil proten,use the search on the modelbouwforum in the sale section (tekoop auto's in dutch).
Most dutch people speak english or australian.

mate :) ;)

BeitragVerfasst: So 16. Okt 2011, 16:17 

thanks. i found a pc10h2x that has been for sale for some time. does that mean there are issues with these cars being not very good to drive/own? they certainly seem to tick all the boxes. or is it that they are simply very expensive?

by the way, your australian is very good but i'm sure you can't have mastered the accent yet ;)

BeitragVerfasst: So 16. Okt 2011, 16:53 

hahaha,no i don't talk like crocodile dundee.
:mrgreen:

There are no troubles with the car,but he is the only one in holland with a rc devil(i think).He wanted to race it,but he works a lot abroad so had little time to drive the car.
He has taken up ofroad bashing ,so the car isn,t used(as that is what he told me when i contacted him).
And most people in holland tend to buy corally or asso style cars,the rc devil is a bit more complicated.

BeitragVerfasst: So 16. Okt 2011, 20:27 

I had contact with him before he bought the rc devil car as he wanted to have information about the different pro10 cars. It is just how Kramxel explained. No time for it and now better sell a car that is 100% mint then a car that has scuff marks from 2-3 times driving.

It is easier to just bash a little offroad then to master a pro10 if you aren't much at home.

Put some shrimps on the barbie mate! :mrgreen:

BeitragVerfasst: Di 12. Jan 2016, 19:58 

Buese hat geschrieben:
But for a 3,5 Turn engines it is to long and I think you must use 29 - 30 millimeters. A possible combination of gears wheels with 60 millimeters Tyres is 87/14

This rollout with boost+turbo? Or without sensor cable?

Most used brand motor?

Thank you and regards

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 12 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde